Steak and Sweet Potato Fries
-Zehra, The FitNest
- 2 Crescent Foods Angus Ribeye Steaks
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together soy sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce,
garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add steak to a baking dish or large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Press out excess air if
using a Ziploc bag.
- Flip steak over and marinate an additional 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove the steak from marinade and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess
moisture from the surface.
- Cook steaks using the desired cooking method, such as pan sear, reverse sear, or grill.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and tent with foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Pour reserved marinade over steak or serve on the side.
Sweet Potato Fries:
- Preheat oven to 375’.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into thin strips.
- Place in a large bowl and mix in olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper coat
well. Lay the fries flat on a baking sheet, you might need two trays.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes then flip the fries and cook for another 10-12 minutes. Check to make sure fries are cooked through.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
Serve with steak and enjoy!