Tandoori Chicken Puffs
2 pkgs (4 sheets total; 16oz x 2) puff pastry sheet
½ lb ground chicken
⅓ cup vegetable mix
½ -1 tsp. Tandoori Mix
1 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. yogurt
½ -1 Tbsp. Tandoori Mix
½ tsp. grated ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
A few drops lemon juice
- In a bowl, marinate the meat in the Seasonings for a few hours.
- While you are waiting for the pastry sheet to be half thawed, start cooking the filling. In a frying pan, heat oil on medium-high heat and cook the chicken. When it starts to change color, add the mixed vegetables and a little bit more of the Tandoori mix. When everything is cooked, turn off the heat and set it aside to let it cool.
- Place the puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface and use a fork to prick the pie sheets if your pie sheets are not docked. Then cut them into 9 circles per sheet using a (2½ inch diameter) round cookie cutter. Roll up the scraps into a ball and re-roll them, then cut them into circles.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl.
- Place half of the pastry circles (26 circles for me) onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Then put a small amount of filling in the center and brush the edges of the pastry circles with the egg wash using a pastry brush.
- Put remaining pastry circles on top of the filling and press the edges of circles firmly to seal with a fork.
- Using a kitchen knife, make 2 small slits on top of the pastry and brush the top of the pastries with the egg wash using a pastry brush.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastries are a nice golden brown on the top.
- Remove from the oven and let the pastries cool slightly on a wire cooling rack.