Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken
Sweet and savory, have you heard of a better combination? This Sesame Chicken is perfect for when you want your favorite Chinese food but don’t want to leave the comfort of your own home, and it’s better than takeout!
- Zehra, The FitNest
For the Chicken
- 1 lb Crescent Foods Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds, coriander and green onions
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (mixed in 1-2 tbsps of cold water)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the sauce: In a small saucepan, heat soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, stock, sriracha sauce, honey, garlic and ginger on medium heat and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and allow the sauce to simmer, whisking occasionally, until sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Spread chicken and chopped veggies on a baking sheet and coat with sesame seed oil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle half the sauce over the chicken and veggies (reserving the other half for later) and toss to combine. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the chicken and veggies and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, and continue cooking until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve over jasmine or brown rice.