Chicken Spring Rolls
- 2 lbs Crescent Foods Chicken Tenders
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1½ cups thinly sliced peppers (red, yellow. orange)
- 1½ cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 1½ tbsp crushed garlic
- 1½ tbsp crushed ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2-3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 pkg Spring Roll sheets
- Water and 1 tbsp flour to create a paste
- Let the spring roll sheet thaw according to package directions.
- Chop all the vegetables into thin even strips.
- In a large saucepan, bring water, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper to a boil, add in chicken tenders and simmer the chicken until just cooked (around 5 minutes)
- In a large pan, heat oil and add veggies, keep the coriander aside for later. Add in curry powder, turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Let the veggies cook on low.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan and shred.
- Add shredded chicken to the pan with the vegetables. Mix well and continue to cook on low. Add in Soy Sauce and mix well. Cook 2-3 minutes and turn off.
- Taste the chicken mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the chicken mixture cool while you prepare the spring roll sheets.
- Once the chicken mixture is cooled down, add in the chopped coriander and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add 1 tsp of water to flour, mix to make a paste. This will be the glue that holds the spring rolls closed.
- Fill sheets with chicken mixture and wrap according to package directions. Use the flour and water paste to seal the sheets.
- You can pan fry the spring rolls in a little oil until they get golden brown or bake them in the oven at 350’F for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
Serve as soon as you can with plum sauce or chilli sauce. Makes 20-25
Tip: You can also make these ahead of time and freeze them before you cook the spring rolls. Take a few out and let them thaw and either pan fry or cook them in the oven:)