Chicken Spring Rolls
Get that perfect crunch as you bite into these Spring Rolls while breaking your fast! Protein packed with fresh veggies, these are sure to hit the spot and leave you wanting more.
- Zehra, The FitNest
- 2 lbs Crescent Foods Chicken Tenders
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1½ cups thinly sliced peppers (red, yellow. orange)
- 1½ cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 1½ tbsp crushed garlic
- 1½ tbsp crushed ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2-3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 pkg Spring Roll sheets
- Water and 1 tbsp flour to create a paste
- Let the spring roll sheet thaw according to package directions.
- Chop all the vegetables into thin even strips.
- In a large saucepan, bring water, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper to a boil, add in chicken tenders and simmer the chicken until just cooked (around 5 minutes)
- In a large pan, heat oil and add veggies, keep the coriander aside for later. Add in curry powder, turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Let the veggies cook on low.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan and shred.
- Add shredded chicken to the pan with the vegetables. Mix well and continue to cook on low. Add in Soy Sauce and mix well. Cook 2-3 minutes and turn off.
- Taste the chicken mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the chicken mixture cool while you prepare the spring roll sheets.
- Once the chicken mixture is cooled down, add in the chopped coriander and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add 1 tsp of water to flour, mix to make a paste. This will be the glue that holds the spring rolls closed.
- Fill sheets with chicken mixture and wrap according to package directions. Use the flour and water paste to seal the sheets.
- You can pan fry the spring rolls in a little oil until they get golden brown or bake them in the oven at 350’F for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
Serve as soon as you can with plum sauce or chilli sauce. Makes 20-25
Tip: You can also make these ahead of time and freeze them before you cook the spring rolls. Take a few out and let them thaw and either pan fry or cook them in the oven:)