Chicken Parmesan Over Spaghetti
- Heifa, Fufu's Kitchen
- 12 pieces of Crescent Foods Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1lb of spaghetti
- Water for pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar on Tomato sauce
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp basil paste or a handful of fresh basil
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Cook the tenders by baking in the oven using the instructions on the package.
- In the meantime, boil the pasta water. Add a pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil to the water. Once boiled, add the spaghetti to the pot.
- To a small pot, add a drizzle of olive oil. Sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil until fragrant. Also, add the basil paste or fresh basil at this point.
- Pour the jar of sauce into this mixture as well as the cream cheese and garlic powder then stir.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti. Leave in the pot. Add a majority of the sauce to the spaghetti and stir.
- Once chicken is cooked, add the rest of the tomato sauce to the top of the tenders. Just 1 tbsp of sauce on each tender then sprinkle with cheese. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Place spaghetti in a large bowl then top with the chicken and garnish with fresh parsley.