Total: 00:60 Prep: 00:20 Cook: 00: 40 Serves: 6
- 3 Crescent Foods Chicken Tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 8 whole eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken for 3 minutes per side. Add the bell peppers and broccoli to the skillet and cook thru. Remove from heat and dice the chicken into cubes. Allow chicken and vegetables to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until well combined, light in color and very fluffy (this is important part of the Fritatta). Add the green onion, ground cumin, salt and pepper. Fold the cubed chicken and sautéed vegetables into the egg mixture. Sprinkle in the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the mixture into an oven safe skillet or pie pan. Bake for 40 minutes until the eggs no longer jiggle.
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes, avocado and micro greens.
Frittata is a traditional Italian dish that may resemble a quiche sans crust. A frittata can be a blank canvas that allows you to experiment with different seasonal vegetables (think asparagus in spring, carrots in winter). You may also want to add different spices, herbs and cheeses! I love this dish because it is so versatile. Frittata is also a lighter alternative to many traditional brunch items.
Chefs Tip: Make the Frittata ahead of time and reheat in the oven! This tip will make hosting brunch a breeze!