Cajun Chicken with Sweet Potato Fries and Steamed Broccoli
Delicious tender chicken with a kick of spicy flavors. This chicken can be used in so many different ways, throw it in a wrap/sandwich or on a salad. My kids love this as is, with a little ketchup and fries
- Zehra, The FitNest
- 1 pound Crescent Foods boneless skinless chicken cutlets (thinly sliced breasts)
- ¼ cup hot sauce of choice
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1½ cups plain Panko bread crumbs ( you can use almond meal for a gluten free option)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Lightly coat each piece of chicken with the hot sauce.
3. Mix together the cajun seasoning and Panko breadcrumbs until they are evenly combined.
4. Pour the breadcrumb/seasoning mixture into a shallow dish and evenly coat the chicken pieces on all sides. Gently shake off any excess. And place the chicken in baking sheet.
5. Cut Sweet Potatoes into thick fries and coat with coconut oil, garlic powder, sea salt and paprika and place on a baking sheet.
6. Place Chicken and Sweet potatoes in the oven and cook for 20 mins flipping halfway or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Serve with steamed broccoli.