- Zehra, The FitNest
- 8 tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked Crescent Foods Chicken Breast
- ¼ thinly sliced red peppers
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- 2-3 limes wedges
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the tortilla cups into small circle pieces.
- Tuck each of the tortillas into the cups of a standard-sized muffin pan, gently pleating the edges of the tortillas so that they fit snugly inside each cup, careful not to let the tortillas fold too closely into the middle (since we’ll need an opening for the filling later). Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tortilla cups have hardened slightly on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- While the tortillas are baking, combine the enchilada sauce, green chiles, and cooked shredded chicken together in a large mixing bowl. Toss until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Once the tortilla cups are ready, carefully spoon the filling into each cup until it is filled nearly to the brim. Place a pinch of cheese on top of each tortilla cup. Then return the pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the filling is warmed through.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle the top of each cup with salsa, cilantro, green onions, red peppers, avocado and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve warm and Enjoy