Looking for one of those meals that helps you clean out the produce drawer in your fridge? With a base of delicious and flavorful spicy steak strips, you can make this Tex-Mex Bowl in a variety of combinations, top it with whatever you have in the fridge or a few of your favorites. Mine always need, cheese, avocados and corn!
– Zehra, The FitNest
- 1 lb. Crescent Foods Angus Strip Steak
- 2 tbsp low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cup corn
- 1 cup black beans or black lentils
- 1 ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- ½ cup sour cream
- Marinate meat with taco seasoning, garlic, cilantro and lime zest. Let it marinate for 30 minutes while you chop the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat, and add in avocado oil.
- Add in the marinated strip steak and cook for 6-8 minutes, letting meat cook all the way through. Set meat aside.
- In 4 separate bowls, separate the cooked rice, lettuce, and the rest of the toppings evenly.
- Top each bowl with cooked steak and sour cream.