1 (10-12 lb) Crescent Foods Turkey*
1.5-2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon laal mirch powder (chili powder)
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 tablespoon crushed ginger
3 bay leaves, broken into pieces
2 inch piece cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
3 tablespoons oil 1 onion, cut into wedges1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Defrost your turkey according to package instructions. Remove the neck and bag of giblets, wash inside out and pat dry.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients barring the onion and lemon into a paste. Use gloves so the marinade doesn’t stain your hands. Rub the marinade all over the turkey, and rub some marinade under the skin as well.
- For best results marinate overnight. If you don’t have that much time, just 4-5 hours is enough.
- Pierce the skin with a skewer so the marinade can get into the turkey faster.
- To roast, preheat your oven to 400F. Place the turkey in a roasting pan and place the onion wedges and half the lemon wedges in the cavity. Pop it in the oven at 400F for 45 minutes, then reduce the oven to 365F and cover the turkey loosely in foil. Roast for approximately 2.5 hours at 365F, or until the red timer pops up. The internal temperature of the turkey should be 165-180F.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before transferring to your serving dish and carving. Serve with lemon wedges.*If you are cooking a larger turkey please refer to the cooking guide on the turkey packaging