This simple and beautiful dish is bursting with flavour. The roasted veggies combined with the deep sumac and citrus flavours makes each bite a different combination of flavors to explore. The best thing is it’s all done in one pan, so not to many dishes and easy clean up!
– Zehra, The FitNest
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 2 (6-oz.) pkg. small rainbow carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound Crescent Foods Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 pound Crescent Foods Drumsticks
- 1 small lemon, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into 3/4-in. wedges
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 package of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine 3 tablespoons oil with sumac, 1 teaspoon salt, brown sugar, paprika, and red pepper, and garlic in a medium bowl. Place cauliflower carrots, and mushrooms on a foil-lined baking sheet. Add half of oil mixture; toss to coat.
3. Add chicken thighs, drumsticks, and lemon slices to pan. Rub remaining oil mixture over chicken.
4. Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.
5. Stir vegetables. Sprinkle onion wedges over pan.
6. Bake at 425°F for 20 more minutes or until chicken is done.
7. Combine remaining 3 tablespoons oil, parsley, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon parsley mixture evenly over chicken and vegetables.