Stovetop Carne Asada
- Stovetop Carne Asada
1 pound of Angus Beef Strips
salt and freshly ground black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
- Mojo Marinade
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
1/3 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
- Whisk all Mojo Marinade ingredients together, in a medium bowl.
- Add sliced steak and toss to evenly coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator (1-8 hours).
- Bring to room temperature (about 30-40 minutes) before cooking.
- In a cast iron skillet, over high heat, add a little olive oil to coat the pan.
- When the oil is really hot, use tongs to add the marinated steak to the skillet.
- Cook until steak is just about cooked through and no longer pink.
- Drain off liquid and bring the skillet back over high heat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper (to taste), and stir.
- Fry until nicely browned (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add steak to warm tortillas, garnish with toppings and fresh squeezed lime.
Recipe Content & Photo ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Merely Marie