Southwest Style Chicken Breast with Andalusian Style Summer Gazpacho Soup
Gazpacho Soup is a cold soup made of raw blended vegetables originating from the region of Andalusia, otherwise known as modern day Spain and Portugal.
- 2 packets Crescent Foods Southwest Style Chicken Breast
- 3 LBS Tomatoes on the vine – blanched
- 2 ea. Cucumbers – peeled
- 1 ea. Green Bell Pepper – seeded
- 1 ea. Red Bell Pepper – seeded
- ¾ C Red Onion
- 1 ea. Jalapeno – seeded
- 3 ea. Garlic Cloves
- 8 ea. Slices White Bread – crust removed and torn
- ½ C Extra Virgen Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Malt Vinegar
- 12 oz Water
- 2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Remove the chicken from the packet and do not rinse!
- Place the chicken breast in a shallow roasting pan and roast the chicken breast in the center of the oven for about 12-14 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- In a large pot, boil water. Make an ice bath to place the blanched tomatoes. With a small paring knife score the tomatoes on top and remove the core. Place tomatoes in boiling water for about 30 seconds or until the skin begin to separate form the tomatoes.
- Immediately place tomatoes into the ice bath. Once tomatoes are cool remove skin and cut in ½. Squeeze out the seeds and some of the juice from the tomatoes and reserve.
- Place the crustless bread in a large bowl and add the reserved tomato water. Crumble and massage the bread with your fingers. Let it soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Chop all the vegetables into medium dice.
- Working in three batches, process the vegetables and some of the bread mixture in a food processor until as smooth as possible, adding a 1/3rd of the oil, vinegar and water to each batch. Transfer each finished batch to a food strainer set over a large mixing bowl and push through the gazpacho with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Add the seasoning to the gazpacho and adjust seasoning if needed. Chill the gazpacho for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Suggested garnishes; brunoised cucumbers, peppers, red onion, croutons, EVOO and fresh basil.