Simple Beef Stroganoff
- Zehra, The FitNest
- 1 ½ pounds Crescent Foods Angus Beef Stir Fry
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 10 oz mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tsps pepper
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 8 – 10 oz pasta or egg noodles of choice
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tsp butter in pan, let it heat up and add in beef stripes, cook for 2
minutes per side and let the meat brown, quickly remove from pan.
- In the same pan add in the remaining olive oil and butter, once heated add in
mushrooms and onions and cook for 4-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Cook mushrooms until golden. Scrape bottom of fry pan to get all the golden bits off.
- Add in Salt, pepper, paprika and flour, cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add in the broth and can of mushroom soup, mix well.
- Stir, then add sour cream and mustard. Stir until incorporated.
- Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to medium low. Add in spinach and mix well.
- Add beef back in (including plate juices). Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in cooked pasta and stir to incorporate and heat tha pasts.
- Remove from heat so meat doesn’t overcook.
- Garnish with finely chopped Parsley or thyme.