A quick grab and go meal to take on the go. Great for breakfast or kids lunches. It’s packed with protein and veggies to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Once you get the base right, you can add in different kinds of veggies or cheese and make your own mix. These muffins can be frozen once they have cooled completely. To defrost simply leave out for a few hours or overnight.
– Zehra, The FitNest
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked Crescent Foods Angus Ground Beef
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
2. Gently whisk the eggs in a large bowl and stir in the milk and melted butter. Mix in the grated cheese, spring onion, baby spinach and diced pepper.
3. Add in cooked meat and mix well.
4. Finally, add in the flour, salt and pepper and crumble in the stock cube and mix just enough until all the ingredients have combined.
5. Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 25 minutes until cooked through (a skewer stuck into the middle should come out dry).