Tender beef strips in an asian inspired sauce with a citrus twist. This dish is a great change to your normal stir-fry dinner. You can marinate the meat the night before to let the flavours sink in, serve it with white or brown rice!
- Zehra, The FitNest
- 2 lbs Crescent Foods Angus Strip beef
- 3 tsp ginger finely grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp each, lemon and orange zest
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 green chillies, large slices
- 2 tbsps vegetable or avocado oil for frying
1. Marinate beef overnight or for at least 4 hours.
2. Heat a large pan or wok with vegetable or avocado oil, fry meat in small batches till all sides are cooked. Place meat aside.
3. In the same pan heat 1 tsp oil and add all the ingredients for the sauce.
4. Mix well till sauce is well combined.
5. Add meat back into pan with sauce
6. Let cook 6-8 minutes till meat is cooked through.
7. Serve with rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds and carrots.