Mediterranean Smothered Chicken
4 small Crescent chicken breasts
extra virgin olive oil, garlic salt, pepper
8oz angel hair pasta
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 large shallots, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt & pepper
1 cup marinated roasted tomatoes, chopped
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
2 Tablespoons capers
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup half & half (or heavy cream)
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped basil
1. Pound chicken to even thickness then brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil and season with garlic salt and pepper. Saute in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes a side, or until no longer pink in the center. Remove to a plate then set aside.
2. Add pasta to a large pot of salted, boiling water then cook until al dente. Drain then set aside.
3. Let skillet cool off the heat for a few minutes, then return to burner and reduce heat to medium. Add extra virgin olive oil and shallots then season with salt and pepper and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic then saute for 30 more seconds, stirring constantly.
4. Add roasted tomatoes, artichoke hearts, capers, and lemon zest then saute until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, half & half, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and basil then reduce sauce slightly, about 2 minutes.
5. Divide pasta among plates then top with a chicken breast. Smother with tomato and artichoke mixture.