-Zehra, The FitNest
- 1 lbs Crescent Foods Angus Ground Beef
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps minced garlic
- 1 ½ tbsps minced ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp gharam masala
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 pkg phyllo pastry dough
- 1 small egg
- Thaw phyllo pastry dough according to package directions.
- In a large pan on medium-high heat add in ground beef and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in garlic, ginger, onions and spices cook till meat browns. Mixing regularly.
- Once meat is cooked through, turn off heat and add in chopped coriander.
- Let the meat mixture cool while you prepare your phyllo pastry dough.
- Cut phyllo dough into even squares approx 5×5 inches.
- Put 1 tbsp of meat mixture onto one side of each square and fold over to close the pastries.
- Use a fork to press down edges.
- Top each closed pastry with egg wash.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 18-20 minutes each.
- Serve with tamarind chutney or mint sauce!