Lime Chicken Skewers
1 package Crescent Foods Cilantro Lime Seasoned Chicken Breast
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 onion, cut into 1 inch cubes and separated
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 lime, cut into wedges
5-6 wooden skewers
- Start off by placing your wooden skewers in a tall glass and filling it with water. Dip them for 5 minutes, then flip over and dip for another 5 minutes. Then take out and start assembling the skewers.
- Cut the chicken into 1.5 inch cubes. Layer your skewers starting with a piece of onion and bell pepper, leaving about 2 inches empty on the bottom. Then add a piece of chickAen and continue alternating between veggies and chicken until you have two inches left on top.
- Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and pepper on each skewer. Repeat this until you’ve used up all the chicken, you may have some vegetables left over. You will get 5-6 skewers out of this amount of chicken and vegetables.
- To cook, heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a shallow pan that is wide enough to fit the skewers.
- Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes, making sure to get some color on the chicken.
- You can also bake these in a lined baking dish at 400 F for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Make sure to brush the chicken skewers with oil before baking.
- Serve hot with lime wedges on the side.