Kubideh Kabob and Persian Salad
- 1 lb Crescent Foods Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2/3 medium onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sumac
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 small cucumbers
- 1 tomato
- ½ onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 flat-sided 1-inch metal skewers
- Bring your ground beef to room temperature by allowing it to thaw.
- Finely grate your onion into a large bowl. Place grated onion into a fine-mesh sieve, pressing down on onion pulp to remove onion water. Discard the onion water.
- Add onion pulp to bowl with ground beef. Add garlic, salt, spices and egg to bowl. Knead the meat mixture very well, for 5-7 minutes as if it were dough until it becomes like a paste that sticks together without falling apart
- Fill a small bowl with warm water to dip your hands into so that the meat does not stick to your hands as you place it on the skewers Taking a skewer, place 1/3 of the balled beef mixture into your hand, and slowly wrap it around your skewer pushing against one edge until it has covered the skewer. Squeeze the meat evenly around the skewer. Then using your fingers, tap the water and squeeze and spread the meat around the skewer such that it is about ½ inch thick around the skewer
- Turn on your charcoal grill, making sure it has come to a high heat that has settled, approx. 20 minutes after lighting the grill. Place skewers across the grill (no grill plate is used), and turn the skewers every 30 seconds gently until it gets a nice brown cooked color. Remove from skewers gently and serve with rice and Persian Salad (optional)
- Dice your vegetables into very small cubes. Add in the juice of 1 lemon and 1 tsp salt. Mix well.