Update on COVID-19 preparedness
- 1.5lbs boneless chicken cubes
- 4 tablespoon oil divided
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric/haldi
- ½ tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon turmeric/haldi powder
- ¾ cup gram flour/besan toasted
- 300 ml coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup Fresh coriander chopped
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Chili Oil/Paste
- 3 lemons cut into wedges
- Break Spaghetti into small pieces and fry them Crisp or use Cruchy chips/slims.
- 600 grams egg noodles boiled
For the coconut curry:
- Dry roast the gram flour in a small frying pan, making sure it doesn’t burn. Set it aside.
Heat oil, and saute garlic paste and turmeric for a minute till the raw flavor is removed.
- Add coconut milk, and whisk in the the toasted gram flour/besan making sure there are no lumps. Add salt & water.
- Keep the mixture on medium heat till it comes to a boil, then lower the heat and cook for 30-45 minutes till it thickens to desired consistency. Make sure to stir every few minutes or so to ensure it doesn’t burn or lumps aren’t formed. Set aside.
For the chicken:
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil, saute onions till light golden.
- Add tomatoes & chili and saute for 2-3 minutes till tomatoes are soft. Pour the onion, tomato & chili mixture into a blender and blend with water to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoon oil into the same pan, and turn to medium heat. Add garlic & ginger paste, along with whole cumin seeds and saute for a minute till the cumin seeds pop.
- Add the blended tomato-chili paste, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, black pepper, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and turmeric.
- Turn heat to low, and cook for a minute then add sliced chicken. Cook on high heat till chicken changes color from pink to white. Turn heat to low, and add a cup of water. Cook the chicken till meat is tender and oil surfaces. Set it aside.
- Boil the noodles as per packet instructions and place them in a large bowl. Prepare all the condiments as per personal preference, and place them all in small bowls. The variety of condiments is on personal preference, but lemon, crisps & some form of spicy element (whether chili paste, chutney or raw chilis) is necessary to balance flavors.
- Warm up the coconut curry and the chicken and serve them in medium sized bowls. To make a bowl of Khao-suey, first add the noodles in the bowl, then add coconut curry and chicken. Top with your preferred condiments and then mix it up.
- Add lemon & crisps right at the end.
Special thanks to instagrammer the_mom_blogger_ for this recipe.