Chicken Cacciatore (Hunter Style Chicken Breast)
Cacciatore in the Italian language is the word for Hunter, however when referring to food means “hunter-style” and is traditionally made with Chicken or Rabbit. This Chicken Cacciatore prepared by our Executive Chef will have you experiencing authentic Italian cuisine from the comfort of your own home.
Executive Chef Luis Reyes
- 4 Crescent Foods Individually Frozen Chicken Breast
- 1 Spanish Onion – medium diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper – medium diced
- 1 lb White Mushroom – cut in ¼’s
- ¾ cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 8 Red Skins Potatoes – cut in ½’s
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Chopped Basil
- 2 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 28 oz Crushed San Marzano Tomato
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Season chicken breast with salt pepper
- On medium heat, heat 4 TBSP of Olive Oil in a heavy cast iron pan. Cook onions until transparent, about 4 minutes then add in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add pepper, mushrooms, olives, potatoes and herbs. Cook for 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add seasoned chicken breast and cook on both side till sides are golden, occasionally stir the other ingredients around to prevent them from sticking.
- Pour the chicken stock and the crushed tomatoes and allow to simmer in low heat. Add the tomato paste and the pepper flakes.
- Season to taste. Cover with lid and continue to cook over stove top for about 20 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil and parsley.
- Serve with hot crusty bread or garlic bread.