Update on COVID-19 preparedness
Honey Sriracha Popcorn Chicken
- 3 Crescent Foods Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
For the Avocado Ranch
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup good quality ranch dressing
- Kosher salt
- Slice chicken into bite-sized “popcorn chicken” pieces. Cover chicken pieces in buttermilk and 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least two hours and up to eight hours.
- Heat enough oil in a deep bottom heavy skillet or dutch oven to cover popcorn chicken to 350°F. Generously season flour with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and place in a bowl. Place beaten eggs in another bowl. Working in batches, dip chicken pieces in flour to coat, then egg, and then back in flour again. Fry chicken until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine honey, ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil, and sriracha. Season with Kosher salt and set aside. In a food processor, combine avocado with ranch dressing. Season with salt and set aside.
- Once all chicken is cooked, quickly combine popcorn chicken with the honey sriracha glaze in a medium mixing bowl. Serve immediately with avocado ranch.