Faux Fried Chicken with Mac n Cheese
- 1 lb of Crescent Foods Chicken Tenders
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 egg whisked with 2 tbsp of water
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
Mac n cheese ingredients
- 16 oz. elbow pasta cooked
- 2 cups of shredded Gruyere & Swiss cheese
- 3 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 tbsp of butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cup heavy cream or half n half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pat chicken dry. Season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Mix the Panko with the Parmesan in a shallow pan.
- Add the flour to a separate bowl and the eggs to a separate bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the flour and coat it well then shake excess flour.
- Then dip into the egg wash and shake off excess.
- Dip into bread crumbs and coat well.
- Place on a nonstick baking pan that has been sprayed with non stick oil. Repeat for the rest.
- Bake on 400 F for 12 minutes each side.
- Check to see if chicken is white throughout and no pink is insight.
Mac n Cheese
- In a large pot, add the butter and flour and stir until it turns into a light brown and thick consistency.
- To that, add the milk and heavy cream and keep stirring for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken. Once it starts boiling on top for 2 minutes then start adding the cheeses.
- Add one cup of cheddar, one cup of gruyere, and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Stir in. Thick should be thick and creamy. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to this and mix all together.
- In a 9 by 13 baking pan which has been buttered add half of the pasta mixture. Top that with some cheese of all 3 then add the rest of the pasta and top once again with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes then broil for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned on top!
- Enjoy the Mac n cheese and chicken tenders together for a comforting meal!