Creamy Chicken Lazone
1 pack Crescent Foods Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Seasoned Chicken Breasts
For the Sauce (Makes about 1 cup):
1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
2 cups water
1/8 teaspoon salt
Another ½ cup water for blending
A pinch of black pepper powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 tablespoon neutral oil
10 Oz gluten-free lasagna sheets (cut into thin strips), boiled in salt and water and drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons oil
- For the sauce, soak cashews in 2 cups water for 30 minutes to overnight. Drain the water and discard.
- Add the cashews, with the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until a creamy consistency is achieved (about 1 minute). Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick skillet, and the cashew cream and cook until lightly simmering. Add water if needed, to adjust to a sauce like consistency.
- Prepare the chicken by pan searing it in 2 Tablespoons oil, cover and cook about 10 minutes; flipping halfway to make sure the chicken is fully cooked and juicy. Cut the chicken into strips and set aside.
- Next, for the lasagna noodles, once cooked and drained, toss with olive oil and garlic powder, layer with the seasoned chicken, and drizzle the cashew cream sauce and serve warm.