https://crescentfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/enjoy-cooking-time-wall-sticker-00000001.jpg 530 734 HalalUser https://crescentfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/logo.png HalalUser2013-08-29 20:04:042013-08-29 20:04:04Cooking Times
The USDA recommends cooking whole chicken to a safe minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Table below shows the approximate cooking times for chicken parts
|Type of Chicken||Weight||Roasting @ 350 degrees F||Simmering||Grilling|
|Breast halves, bone in||6-8 oz||30 to 40 min||35 to 45 min||10-15 min/side|
|Breast halves, boneless||4 oz||20 to 30 min||25 to 30 min||6-8 min/side|
|Legs or thighs||4 or 8 oz||40 to 50 min||40 to 50 min||10-15 min/side|
|Drumsticks||4 oz||35 to 45 min||40 to 50 min||8-12 min/side|
|Wings||2-3 oz||30 to 40 min||35 to 45 min||8-12 min/side|
- Use medium-high power.
- Whole chicken, 9 to 10 minutes per pound
- Bone-in parts, 8 to 9 minutes per pound
- Boneless breast halves, 6 to 8 minutes per pound
- When microwaving parts, arrange in dish so thick parts are toward the outside of the dish.
- Place a whole chicken in an oven cooking bag or a covered pot.
- For boneless breast halves, place in a dish with ½ cup of water; cover with plastic wrap.