Chicken Rigatoni w/ Mushroom Cream Sauce
This creamy pasta dish is the perfect dinner alternative to Italian takeout
Chef Luis Reyes
- 4 C Crescent Foods Cooked Chicken Breast (leftover chicken works perfect in this recipe)
- 6 C Cooked Rigatoni Pasta (Aldente)
- 3 C White Mushrooms – washed and padded dry
- 1 C Diced white onions
- ¾ C Fresh Basil – chopped
- ¼ C Fresh Garlic
- 1 C Chicken Broth
- 2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 oz Butter (butter will give viscosity and will hold the sauce ingredients together)
- Sea Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – to taste
- 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
- In a large sauce pot, add ½ c of cooking oil and heat on medium high.
- Add mushrooms and stirring occasionally pan roast until they become ½ of their original size and have a golden-brown color. Add onions ½ way through the mushroom cooking process. By the time the mushrooms are done, the onions will begin to soften.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and ½ of the fresh basil. Stir into the ingredients and let cook for 1 minute and stir occasionally. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- At this point add the chicken broth, heavy cream and butter and reduce by half.
- Add the pulled chicken and the cooked rigatoni to the sauce and allow the sauce to heat those ingredients.
- Add the remaining basil and the parmesan cheese to the pasta dish, (stir the pasta) and season to taste.
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese over the finish dish and enjoy.