Chicken Noodle Soup
-Zehra, The FitNest
- 1 Crescent Foods Whole Young Chicken
- 3 carrots large, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 4 celery stalks, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion small yellow, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 2 inch ginger piece
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups pasta noodles
- 2 tbsps Parsley finely chopped
- Salt & pepper seasoning
- Turn on your Instant Pot and set the SAUTE function. When IP reads HOT, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in Instant Pot pan. Brown for 3-4 minutes on each side. Chicken will not be cooked through and that is okay.
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside on a plate.
- In pot, add onions, carrots, and celery and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes until onion is translucent then stir well.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes as to not burn the garlic.
- Add 1/3 cup of your chicken broth to the pot to deglaze the pan. Make sure to scrape off the brown bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Next add the chicken back into the pot, plus any juices left on the plate.
- Cover chicken with remaining broth.
- Add in the bay leaves and cilantro.
- Close the Instant Pot and cook on manual for 20 minutes.
- Open after 20 minutes and stir well, remove bones and skin of chicken. Also remove the bay leaves and cilantro.
- Add pasta in and stir, cover and cook for another 6 minutes on manual.
- Once done, mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.