Chicken Meatball Marinara
A healthy twist on a classic favorite! Enjoy this dish on its own or over your favorite pasta.
- Zehra, The FitNest
- 1 lb Crescent Foods Ground Chicken
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- ¼ grated parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together ground chicken, egg, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, grated cheese, breadcrumbs and flaxseed.
- Form into 16-18 meatballs and place onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Tip: lay foil on the sheet for easy clean up.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- As the meatballs cook, cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with ½ cup of spaghetti sauce. After the meatballs are done place them in the baking dish. Pour the rest of the spaghetti sauce, and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and chopped basil leaves over the top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with zoodles or spaghetti.