Giveaway winner recipe: Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Crescent Rolls
•1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
•2 Crescent boneless skinless chicken breasts
•Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
•2 small broccoli crowns (trimmed and cut into florets)
•4 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
•2 tbsp mayonnaise
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1 tsp Italian seasoning
•Two 12-ounce tubes of refrigerated rolled crescent dough
•1 large egg, lightly beaten
•2 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
•1 cup ranch dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with some salt & pepper. Sear on one side for 5 minutes. Flip and sear for 5 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a plate to let cool for 5 minutes
3. Add the broccoli to a food processor and pulse until finely minced. While the chicken is resting, add the broccoli to the skillet with a pinch of salt and sauté until the broccoli slightly wilts and pops in color, 3 to 5 minutes, some oil if you need to.
4. Combine the chicken, broccoli, mozzarella, mayonnaise, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and mix well
5. Roll the crescent rolls, then put them on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle each with the Parmesan and bake until golden brown on top, 14- 20 minutes depending on the size.