Chick-Fil-A Copycat Sandwich
- 2 packs of Crescent Foods Boneless Chicken Breast sliced thin. Wash and set aside
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup pickle juice from the dill pickles
- 2 cups of peanut oil for frying (if you have peanut allergies, use any oil for frying)
- 2 eggs beaten with 2-3 teaspoons of water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove of garlic)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp mustard sauce
- Hamburger buns
- Some slices of dill pickles
- Pepper Jack cheese slices
- Butter to toast the buns
- Slices of tomato
- Some romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine dry coating ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken with the buttermilk, pickle juice, salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder. Mix all the ingredients well on the chicken fillets. Marinate it for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to fry, heat up the oil in a frying pan.
- While the oil heats, dip the fillets one by one, first in the egg wash, and then in the dry coating (make sure that the flour was combined well with the salt and pepper for the dry coating), shake off the excess dry flour each fillet.
- Once the oil is medium hot, shallow fry the fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Remove onto a plate with paper towel to remove excess oil. Set aside.
- To prepare the sandwiches, heat a pan with some butter and lightly toast the hamburger buns until lightly golden. Remove onto a plate.
- Spread some Chick-Fil-A sauce on the bun, then top it with lettuce, tomatoes, fried chicken, sliced cheese and dill pickles. Add more sauce on top and serve this delicious sandwich with fries and coleslaw!
- For masala fries, fry store-bought waffle fries. While they are hot, sprinkle a little bit of chaat masala powder, and tajin seasoning, to make the fries super delicious!