Anaar Pulao With Chicken Leg Quarters
4 Crescent Foods Chicken Leg Quarters
1 Tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp saffron strands
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 tsp red chili powder
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 cup basmati rice
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
2 Tbsp saffron liquid (soak the saffron strands in 2 tablespoons of hot water)
- In a bowl, mix together Kashmiri chili powder, black pepper, salt, saffron strands (activated with water) and olive oil. Marinate chicken for 30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 380 F. Fry the chicken for 12 minutes, turning halfway through and spraying with oil each time.
- In a pan, sauté the diced onion until translucent. Add the air-fried chicken pieces and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, red chili powder, salt, and chicken bouillon cube. Stir well and cook on low heat until it becomes a fine mixture. Then cook on high heat until oil shows up.
- Boil 1 cup of basmati rice according to the package instructions.
- In another pan, sauté the pomegranate seeds for a few minutes. Add 1/4 of the boiled rice and mix well. Then add the saffron liquid and mix.
- Plate the boiled rice in a platter, place the saffron and pomegranate rice in the middle, top it with the chicken and serve the gravy in a small bowl. Add more pomegranate seeds for garnishing.
- Mix the gravy with the rice for an explosion of flavors. Enjoy this delicious Anaar Pulao with your family and friends!