-Zehra, The FitNest
- 2 lb Crescent Foods Angus Beef Stew
- 4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 2 tsps minced ginger
- 2 fresh tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 8-10 black peppercorns
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup beef stock
- Using an Instapot, turn it into saute mode.
- Add oil, chopped onions, garlic, spices, salt and pepper.
- Cook until onions become translucent, for about 3 minutes.
- Then stir in the tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- With a hand blender, blend the tomato mixture into a thick sauce
- Add in the meat and coat with the sauce, cook for a few minutes then add the potatoes.
- Add in the beef stock and half a cup of water. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Cover the lid and cook on manual for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the curry is done top with fresh chopped coriander.
- Serve Aloo Gosht with steamed rice and fresh paratha or naan.